Thursday, May 1, 2008

Qualifiers.

I spent the day yesterday grinding sng's, and trying to qualify for some of AP's bigger tourneys.
The sng's went well, actually really well, I won just shy of 50% of the sng's I played yesterday. The day before was a rough day, so yesterday I only played 4 at a time instead of 6, and I'm sure that had a lot to do with all the wins. I need to get more comfortable with volume. That's what it's all about, right?

Anyway, I started out in a $4 WSOP Bounty stage 1,(8 make it to stage 2). I double the first hand, and it was a pretty easy coast to stage 2.

Stage 2, 37 entrants 4 make it to the main. I had to work a little harder in this one, but picked up AA, with 13 left, and had 2 pushers in front of me. They held, and it was easy from there. With 7 left I had 21k and the next closest was 9k. I sat out until it got to 5 people, then I played a few premium hand to get my stack back up a little. Then I went back to sitting out. I was sitting in my lounger when I look over to the screen, and see QQ. I jump up and run over and hit the I am back button. Just as I get there the shorty pushes 4.9k with AKo, the next guy pushes 5.2k with AJs, and I call. The flop comes KK9, and shorty says sweet, but his excitement was short lived, as the turn brought a Q, and the river bricked. So, I'm in the WSOP Bounty on Saturday night.

I also figured I'd try for the 75k entry by way of the AP Forum tourney. Got lucky a couple times, got beat a couple times, and ended up heads up with Joe Dirt. His game has totally changed since last time I played with him, I was impressed to say the least. In the end, I pushed Q10s over a raise, and he called with K4o and hit a K on the flop. GG Me, Joe wins the 75k ticket.

Also, there was a 250k $30 rebuy that started 10 minutes before the WSOP qualifier, it was a 3 seats guaranteed one, and right at the time it was supposed to start there was only 2 people signed up for it, so I jumped in it. Literally seconds before it starts and ends, because only 3 people were in it, a 4th jumps in it. Within 3 hands it was up to 9 people. Nobody re-bought at first, so I didn't either, as I was really just trying to buy a seat for $30. At the end of the first hour we were down to 7 people, and only 1 guy added on. I still sat 2nd in chips, so I didn't. When it finally got down to 4 people, I was still 2nd in chips, but we were all still really close. At one point shorty was down to 1.5k, I was at 6.5k, and the other 2 were at 12k. Then shorty cracks my AA, but he is still shorty, so I'm thinking I'll just hope the other 2 go after him. Then this hand happened, I don't think I can get away from this ...
Table: 1 (Real Money) Seat #7 is the dealer
Seat 2 - VIKESFAN353 ($4820 in chips)
Seat 6 - YUYUOPPA72 ($12055 in chips)
Seat 7 - SURLYDUFF ($3265 in chips)
Seat 8 - FLMODESQ21 ($12360 in chips)
VIKESFAN353 - Ante $25
YUYUOPPA72 - Ante $25
SURLYDUFF - Ante $25
FLMODESQ21 - Ante $25
FLMODESQ21 - Posts small blind $100
VIKESFAN353 - Posts big blind $200
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to VIKESFAN353 [10d 7c]
YUYUOPPA72 - Folds
SURLYDUFF - Calls $200
FLMODESQ21 - Calls $100
VIKESFAN353 - Checks
*** FLOP *** [8c Jh 9c]
FLMODESQ21 - Checks
VIKESFAN353 - Checks
SURLYDUFF - All-In $3040
FLMODESQ21 - Folds
VIKESFAN353 - Calls $3040
*** TURN *** [8c Jh 9c] [Kc]
*** RIVER *** [8c Jh 9c Kc] [9s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
VIKESFAN353 - Shows [10d 7c] (Straight, seven to jack)
SURLYDUFF - Shows [Qc 10s] (Straight, nine to king)
SURLYDUFF Collects $6780 from main pot

Two hands later I shove J3s, and they all call...GG Me....


Anybody even read this?
Vikes

3 comments:

dealisup said...

Those 150k sattys are great, especialy mornings early in the week. You could make a living off them if only you could unregister and take the money.

bzimzim said...

Obv not getting away.

People_Mover said...

OWN DEM BITCHES VIKES